Bit of background first so you have an idea how I'm preparing:
- I'm focussing on getting my first draft done (almost there, just need to expand a bit more on one of my key points first)
- Then I'll start on the slides
- I'll look into how the slides and talk "fit" each other
- Then I'll go back and forth between slides and talk aiming to reach a deliverable presentation ASAP
- After that, just refine until I deliver the presentation
I'd like to share a little bit about my thought process and what I learn/gain from talking out loud when preparing to give talks at conferences or give speeches at Toastmasters .